Hearts Aplenty

Hearts Aplenty

Postby Maimeefae » Thu May 02, 2013 2:37 am

I just want to verify the direction at the end of the main body section, before the ruffles start. It says to end on rnd 5, but then the first ruffle says to work the stitch pattern in the same sc as the starting chain. This would indicate that the body should be worked to end with rnd 3, I think?

Thanks for your help!
Maimeefae
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Hearts Aplenty

Postby Lisa » Thu May 02, 2013 6:51 am

You are so correct. I just checked my final version before it being sent off to the publishing company, and it should be to end on Row 3! Unfortunately, when patterns go through so many hands and so many editors, from technical editor to layout editors, things sometimes get changed in translation.

I am so very sorry about any confusion and am so glad you brought that up here!!

Also, I made the final post correction here, as well as moved your post to the appropriate lounge. You can see it here:

Final post correction.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby Maimeefae » Thu May 02, 2013 8:19 pm

I understand about revisions and editing before print. I used to work for a retail store catalog division. So many hands in the pot with different expectations and ideas. :)

Anyway, thanks again!
Maimeefae
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Lisa » Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh I am so glad you understand :) Many people I do not think realize the extensive process the patterns go through. Even in my own patterns that I self-publish, there always seems one somewhere that creeps in that we missed! It is so difficult, but just have to continue on and evolve and try and do better :) Please do let me know if you come across anything else!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Cute Crochet For Girls