beg-v-st and loop

beg-v-st and loop

Postby bksanch » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 am

I need some help starting this... by any chance can i find this combination on you tube or is there a video on how to do

thanx

BKS
bksanch
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 10.80

Re: beg-v-st and loop

Postby heart » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am

Which version of the pattern are you working from? The pattern has a stitch definition category with explanations, that may be of some help to you.
Sarah
heart

Cash on hand: 3,150.70
Bank: 0.00

Postby bksanch » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:41 pm

My pattern was a pdf download from annies attic.

there are no examples for the beg v st and loop combination. just says connect crochet garden .com/forum for help.

i know how to do the v st. it seems like a lot of folks are having trouble understanding this pattern. a visual would be most helpful.
bksanch
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 10.80

Postby heart » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Its an intermediate pattern, can you leave your email so the designer can update your pattern for you? Also can you tell me which row it is you are stuck on or post that part of the row here and I will try to walk you through it? (several rows have that stitch combination) I'd be happy to help get it figured out. This is such a cute dress, one of my favorites. :)
Last edited by heart on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarah
heart

Postby heart » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Ok, I re-read the pattern, let's see if this helps you.

You know how to work the V st, the loop is where you would add the ruffle row later. So think in terms of working the V st, then right there, work the loop...you have the Vst, (refer to the stitch guide in the pattern for exact stitch count) make the chain for the loop, sc in the first chain made, the chain directly after the last dc of the Vst. and that is your loop. Keep working the pattern, after making the loops, completely skipping them after working them, (the idea is similar to a picot), continuing around the row.

So you have the row with the Vsts and the loops, keep working this layer, still skipping the loops, pretend they are not there.
When this layer is done, move onto the next layer and you will use those unworked loops for starting the next ruffle.
Its a unique way to work this ruffle dress and allows movement of the final product without the stiffness of usual crochet.

Please let us know if this helps some, the designer is out of town today but will see this as soon as she gets back. :)
Sarah
heart

Postby Lisa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:19 am

Hello BKS,

Can you tell me which version you are working from? (Check the footer of the pattern). It should say the version and then a letter and a number.

Also, the stitch definitions for the beg-V-st and loop stitch should be written out. I am wondering if you have a corrupted download from Annie's Attic, or something. Depending on what version, the stitch definitions should be on Page 2, but that may differ, depending on version. Knowing the version will help immensely that way we can look up and see exactly what you are seeing and can tell then if there is an error or something is amiss :)

Also, and to clarify, you are having trouble making the loop stitch and the beg-V-st? Sorry I have not yet had my coffee yet :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Dixie Belle